« Home | St Pauls » | All to Jesus I Surrender » | I never want to be without you » | a spirit filled camp » | the sunrise... » | where is home? » | the troubles with eating in bed... » | of wet pants and too much sugar... » | Miss-ables » | tired rambleings... » 

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Day

after a day of up and down emotions, of differing opinions and pieces of advice. i come to the conclusion that God is in control. he has to be.
this is something i am continueing to learn. i am continueing to grow. to change, to develop, to express myself. to stand up for myself, to love.

to learn to be open with others. to properly comunicate. to not always be so defensive. to support others. and not be resentful when i am not supported.

i need to learn to love sacrifically.

long distance dating is hard, yes. and not everyone is cut out for it. in my past, i said i wasnt. and yet, here i am, in one. the thing is, i cant continue to compare it to those relationships around me. because its not the same!

i went out for coffee (even though neither of us had coffee) with Laura who is in a long distance relationship, and has been for a while. it was really encourageing to spend some time talking with someone who is in the same situation. someone who understands what its like to not have people understand the relationship! :P

and then i get home, and find an email from bec about an article on long distance relationships (found here), which just encouraged me even more. a wonderful article with a few helpful hints on L.D.D. (Long Distance Dating).

Just on comparing relationships, I tottally agree.

In the past week when anyone who drank the Melbourne water was dating, I felt rather discouraged, as everybody had these wonderful ways of going about their relationship, and truly, I felt like I'd done something wrong.

But the truth is, we're all different, right?

Post a Comment