« Home | All to Jesus I Surrender » | I never want to be without you » | a spirit filled camp » | the sunrise... » | where is home? » | the troubles with eating in bed... » | of wet pants and too much sugar... » | Miss-ables » | tired rambleings... » | Post God »
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
St Pauls
well, today was interesting...
besides being the non nerdy one and having absolutly nothing to add to conversation, i didnt feel particulary comfortable... no thats the wrong word. i felt like the third wheel, with four people...
there was this part of me that just wanted to leave, so admin-y and mod-y conversations could ensue. after a jokiung suggestion for me to "just leave" so that they could talk about it, i felt a great desire to do just that...
but i didnt. instead i got to endure jokes made towards me, the laughter and... riddikule (sic?) of my boyfriend (which i did comment on, and the jokes about that stopped). namely about where i met such said person.
i dont appreciate one of such said peoples sense of homour. mainly because it is generally critiscising of others, and i cant tell when he is joking or being serious. to someone who has a heart to love all people and to make all people feel loved, this sense of humour is hard to understand... and i dislike it, particulary when i am the brunt of it...
a breif time in st pauls cathedral definatly helped, where i prayed for strength and the reminder that its only His opinion that really matters. i also found out that St Pauls, is an anglican church... how funny :P
*sighs* i guess this is just another one of those emo babble blogs which no one really likes to read, but i write anyway for the sole reason that i have to get it out of my system some way...
I admire your honesty and am also intrigued by it.
And if you're talking about Paul, he's not in my good books either. I hope you gave him everything right back! Call him a log if you can't think of anything else. Or think up of your own name for him.
All hail Hitler, King Paul the 2nd of Gush.
I struggle with that sort of sense of humour also. Sometimes I think I'm just being too sensitive, and should just grow a back bone...but honestly; I don't think it's acceptable. Maybe with people you know well and if you know they can take it, then it's okay...but when you are degrading people and putting them down (whether in a comical sense or not), feelings need to be taken into consideration. It's just not cool.
Maybe it is their (his) way of dealing with social pressures and fitting in, and I guess we need to be open to that and try and understand. If they don't act like Jesus, I guess we can at least?
I feel for you with this. Especialy with where you met S, as this is the same situation with J and I. Talk to me about it sometime. We can have a whinge about all those snide comments ;)
Love you mantha, and love your honesty.
wow I love it when two of my best friends don't get along!
you two need to have an honest conversation and attempt to understand eachother and your differences instead of ranting about it in a blog.
It isn't fun feeling like a third or fifth wheel.
It's like when your single and everyone else is coupled around you.