« Home | the troubles with eating in bed... » | of wet pants and too much sugar... » | Miss-ables » | tired rambleings... » | Post God » | beautiful days » | Love is... » | prayer please » | God and Dreams » | Random Train Drawing... »
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
where is home?
isnt it amazing that images and stories can bring back memories and feelings you never knew you had.
after seeing some photos he sent me of "up north" (where he has to go for work sometimes) i am reminded of the scenery of leigh creek. its very similar. and there is this painful longing in me to return to the place i called home for a great number of years. i love my home here, and i love the greenery of melbourne, but i certianlly do miss the outback some times...
there is something wild, something unpredictable and rough about it. something vast and awe filling.
its the shock of familiarality maybe. like looking at home.
hearing hannie describe central australia makes me realise how much more i wish to return to it. to visit it. to bask in the sunshine. to lay under the stars.
*sighs*
ah I know well the 'where is home' feeling. Having several homes is not a bad thing, twice the leaving pain, but double the joy as well.
and you're right, the stars are stunning.
Must admit, as much as I couldn't live there, when I went back to Bendigo last year I felt a fair bit of that. There's something about going back to a place that makes something in you just go "what if I just came back...?"