« Home | *insert title here* »
"salt and light" anyone?
I think that we should be an example of what Jesus did I guess. But I think that often the "you go to church you should be ashamed" line gets thrown around a lot. I used to get told off because I wasnt doing something supposedly "godly" (yet their perception wasnt spot on), people used to try and fit me in their little box of christianity, that "I can do it cos Im not a christian, but you cant because you are" attitude.
I think it is important to ACT like a christian, being "christ-like", for ideas on this, see the bible always, but I also am a bit annoyed with the lady who said this. One day at a church I got told off for driving the wrong way in the carpark (I didnt realise) - wasnt very good image for this church.
Anyway, if this doesnt make sense. Please delete it...
....driving out car parks to fast..... its something all young people do or have done, and many grow out of it quickly but some people feel its there job to stop it
being a good speaker engaging people on issues like this in a converstaion often helps, and normally ends the issue
as for the putting on a christian appearance all the time, thats a dream we all seem to be striving to
Well, for one, we are supposed to be good moral law-abiding citizens if we're Christians...we're called to it. Rom13:1-2. Does that have any standing?
Actions speak louder than words
yeah, but cant we be able to be human too? christians are not above sinning, and even though we are called to be salt and light, i think it might be important to let people know we have faults too, and that yes we do do wrong things and we do sin.
just some thoughts.