« Home | Hallelujah » | Maintain Consciousness » | I'm Living For » | Be Brave » | Up Against (Blackout) » | Already Gone » | K car » | ignor this » | This Week the Trend » | Looking For God - Psalm 69 »
Saturday, January 20, 2007
There and Somewhere Here
i really must get my craziness from my mums side of the family.
we went down to Geelong today for my grandma's birthday. she was born in 1923. 84 years old, and she still walks every morning, and lives alone, and is active. she had my mother when she was 42.
it was good to see my mums side of the family, though they haven't really changed since i last saw them.
my grandma has a cool name too, Aleda (i think its spelt that way.). i kinda like it.
sitting around hearing lots of stories about things. if i must be honest, even though they are crazy, they are funner to be around than my dads side of the family. or maybe being around my mum is just better...
God and i had a conversation on the way home. just about stuff that is happening, or that could be happening.
i'm in a good, but tired mood.
(yeah, i know its not a song title, but its the name of an album... and that's good enough for me)
Old people are amusing.
On Christmas day I had to drive my great-grandmother to our family lunch... 2 hours of driving! Me and her! I must say, I was nervous... I had never really spent a big chunk of time with her before.
And wow, it was interesting to hear the mischief that she got up to as a teenager!