« Home | Genetic Modifications » | touch the mountains » | [random title] » | temptations » | tonight » | friends » | human touch » | mood » | Comfort and Strength » | What is in a name? »
Monday, September 04, 2006
the weekend that was...
so steve has gone home again. i had a fabulous weekend, just being able to sit there, next to him. to be in the same place as him. to look at his face, hear his voice, and feel his touch.
i miss him already. i didnt cry last night as i was saying goodbye, but i felt the tears there. i knew what i was in for when i first started to be in this relationship, but i just didnt realise how hard it would be.
but i know that God is with me, is with us. through him all things are possible.
i had part of a casting crowns song stuck in my head yesterday during church, which also happens to be part of a psalm (121:1-2)
"I lift my eyes up to the hills,
where does my help come from?
my help comes from the Lord,
Maker of heaven and earth"
Steve and i prayed yesterday. twice. there is something which makes me rather happy about the fact we arent in this alone. God is here with us. strengthening us. granting us patience. i love it. i love the fact we can pray, and that we do share a similar faith. i wasnt aware how much i really wanted that in someone, until i actually thought of it. it is more wonderful than looks, or money, or even laughter. the genuine desire to seek God, and to encourage others to seek God. and to help them. something both amazingly attractive, and incredibly encouraging.
three weeks until i come to perth...
so very glad that it went well fot you :P
always interesting.
that's the same psalm I was reading last night.
glad it went well sammo.
"i wasnt aware how much i really wanted that in someone, until i actually thought of it. it is more wonderful than looks, or money, or even laughter. the genuine desire to seek God, and to encourage others to seek God. and to help them. something both amazingly "
I remember ages ago you were saying you didn't think going out with a christian was so important, and I was saying it was. Hate to say I told you so! :-P
wrecking one of the best songs of the year with coupley tripe...
I'm afraid you and I are worlds apart in terms of where we are at Samantha.
I'm not suggesting that's a bad thing but I find it extremely difficult to relate.
well paul. its still nice to know you read. :)
and yes. we are different people paul. i still wish you all the very best :)
im glad it went so well for you:)
*hands sam lots of chocolate*
sometimes, a girl really needs to just let it all out and cry
:)
cant wait til you come to perth! its so exciting!