« Home | random. » | finality. » | childhood-ness. » | L » | random relations. » | dishes dreams... » | Emo-coaster » | towel day » | laughter from a stranger. » | randomness » 

Friday, June 02, 2006

love is more than a feeling

love is more than a feeling.

what joy it would be to feel in love. that great symphony playing in your ears, that happy blush that comes to mind, that warm feeling in your heart. feelings.

love is more than a feeling.

love is hard work.

what joy it would be to fall in love right now, but would i be up to the challange. would i be ready to extend myself to someone else. to open myself up for the possibility of being hurt? for the possibility of change, of growth.

love is more than a feeling.

love is a distant horizon, something which i feel i will never reach. it could remain right beside me and i will never notice, becuase im preoccupied with looking at the distance for it to arrive.

love is more than a feeling.

it is communication. it is sharing life. it is not focusing on yourself, but upon the other person. at what you can bring to them, to complete them. not what they can do for you.

love is more than a feeling.

it is more than some sweet song which makes you smile, it is more than the tears that form in your eyes when you are apart. it is more than the hurt you feel when they dont say what you need to hear, or when they are oblivious to your unspoken heart.

love is more than a feeling.

its in gods hands, yes, i know that. but can i hear god talking when all i hear is endless talk of love? this endless want for love. this endless, eternal craving for someone to share life with.

love is more than a feeling.

am i up to it?

When your turn comes, I'm sure you'll be ready.

I didn't think I was ready last week. Now I realise I am. And I'm sure you are too.

Post a Comment